Interesting Dental Articles
|Posted on June 27, 2016 at 6:40 AM|
Severe dental pain can start anytime even in midnight. Here are the things you could try to get immediate relief from severe pain. Toothache is one of the worst pains. Dentists are sometimes not available on-call so here are the things you could do until you could see a Dentist.
Severe Toothache Remedies
1. Try taking Motrin (ibuprofen) as this will help ease the pain and help with any inflammation. Motrin is available over the counter. Take only recommended dosage.
2. Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water (do not use hot water).
3. Use Oragel : This is a “numbing gel” available over the counter. This gel provides instant relief of pain when applied directly to the teeth and gum area.
4. Place cold compress for 20 minutes at a time, if there is swelling on outside of the cheek. Avoid using heat under any circumstances as this can cause the infection to worsen and spread
5. Use Dental Floss to remove any food trapped between teeth. Do not use sharp objects.
6. Other home remedy to try is use of Clove Oil. Clove oil is available in general stores or herbal stores.
7. See the dentist as soon as possible and Treat the Cause when you visit the dentist.
The most likely cause is infection in the teeth or nerve close to the teeth.
Need Emergency Dental Treatment - Call Us on (0034) 654 996 026