BOTOX - Botox treatment is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment and is predominantly used as a treatment to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and fine lines.. However it is also used to treat over 20 different medical conditions including eye squints, migraines and excess sweating.
It is important to say that Botulinum toxin is one of the most poisonous substances known to man and incorrect use can result in botulism, a severe, life-threatening illness. Botulism, left untreated, may result in respiratory failure and death. Despite botulinum toxin being so toxic, Botox is in huge demand.
During the treatment the toxin powder is diluted in saline and iis the injected it directly into neuromuscular tissue. It takes between 24-72 hours to take effect an in very rare circumstances, it may take as long as 5 days for the full effect
There are a number of side effects and it is important to discuss the treatment in great details before undergoing any procedure
Some Common Side Effects Include
- Mild pain, local edema (fluid buildup) and/or erythema (reddening of the skin) at the injection site.
- Malaise - feeling generally unwell.
- Mild nausea.
- Temporary unwanted weakness/paralysis of nearby muscles.
- Temporary upper lid or brow ptosis (drooping).
- Weakness of the lower eyelid or lateral rectus (a muscle controlling eye movement).
- Dysphagia - trouble swallowing.
- Neck weakness.
- Flu-like illness.
Dermal Fillers - These treatments are substances injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness. They are designed to treat different signs of aging or other cosmetic issues.
Some Popular treatments include
- plumping up thinning lips
- enhancing or filling in shallow areas on the face
- decreasing or removing the shadows or wrinkles under the eyes caused by the lower eyelid
- filing in or softening the look of recessed scars
- filling in or softening static wrinkles, especially on the lower face
- skin rash, itching, or pimple-like eruptions
- redness, bruising, bleeding, or swelling
- undesirable appearance, such as asymmetry, lumps, or over correction of wrinkles
- skin damage that causes a wound, infection, or scarring
- ability to feel the filler substance under the skin
- blindness or other vision problems
- death of skin cells due to loss of blood flow to the area
Profhilo i- This is a fantastic new skin remodeling treatment which is especially formulated for people whose skin lacks volume and elasticity .The treatment which contains the highest concentrations of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) on the market stimulates the production of collagen and elastin,leading to improved skin tone and the reduction in wrinkles for up to six months
The treatment involves the Profhilo being injected just below the skin’s surface over 2 sessions 4 weeks apart. Courses of two treatments can be repeated every six months as needed.
After the treatment you can return to light activities but you should you avoid doing any sports or engaging in anything too physical on the first day after the treatment, It is also best to avoid taking saunas or hot steamy baths for a few days
Like all other non-surgical aesthetic treatments there is a risk of side-effects . Please discuss all the details of the treatment with us prior to the start and feel free to ask us any questions you may have
Example Of Our Botox Treatment
Example of Our Botox treatment before and after